A FIFA spokesman has confirmed there isn’t sufficient documentation to provide enough evidence of wrongdoing involving United over the transfer of Fiorentina youngster, Michelle Fornasier.
“We can confirm that we were contacted by Fiorentina with regard to the potential transfer of the player, Michele Fornasier, to Manchester United. However, no formal investigation has been opened since the documentation currently in our possession, from a purely formal point of view, is not apt to sustain such action.”
The situation is quite different in Italy anyway with a clear lack of protection for youngsters, unlike France which has pre-contract agreements. That of course, remains a grey area and we’re yet to see whether FIFA recognises such agreements. Regarding Paul Pogba, it seems Le Havre, for all their talk in the press, haven’t lodged a formal complaint yet against United.
“So far, no contractual claim against the player Paul Pogba and/or the club Manchester United has been lodged by the French club, Le Havre, at Fifa. The matter we are currently investigating concerns the request for intervention submitted by the Football Association on behalf of its member club, Manchester United, in relation to the international clearance for the player in question, following the refusal of the French Football Federation to issue the international transfer certificate of the player.”
FIFA have also confirmed they are pursuing a bid to secure a transfer certificate to secure the transfer of Italian defender Albert Massacci, who we’ve been linked to for a while. “With regards to Massacci, we are currently investigating the matter and ultimately, the Single Judge of the Players’ Status Committee will have to pass a formal decision on the possible provisional registration of the player to Manchester United. The relevant investigation is still pending.”
- Manchester United find out FA Cup semi-final schedule
- Man Utd can prise away new ‘Erling Haaland’ for €50-60m this summer
- Victor Lindelof key to unlocking Denzel Dumfries’ switch to Manchester United
- Man Utd in pole position to sign wantaway Barcelona whizz-kid Ansu Fati
- Dean Henderson rejected Erik ten Hag’s proposal to return to Man United in January
- David de Gea turns down latest Manchester United contract
- Pep Guardiola’s comments on Harry Kane should serve as a warning to Man United
- Man Utd face competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid for Goncalo Ramos
- Man Utd star Scott McTominay scores stunning brace in Scotland’s 2-0 win vs Spain
- Manchester United’s Top-10 Highest Earners