Manchester United continue to hold an interest in Feyenoord goalkeeper Justin Bijlow despite the purchase of Andre Onana from Inter Milan, according to 1908.nl.
The Red Devils were linked with the Netherlands international earlier in the transfer window. There were suggestions that he could be an alternative if they can’t afford Onana.
Onana was eventually signed by United for €55 million, but Bijlow is still being scouted by the club.
Bijlow, who had ‘explicit interest’ from the Red Devils earlier this summer, has not signed a new deal beyond June 2025. Feyenoord have recently made a fresh contract proposal.
Bijlow would be a superb back-up keeper for United
The Dutchman has made big strides in recent years. Last season, the 25-year-old was hugely important for Feyenoord as they won the Eredivisie title for the 16th occasion.
The 25-year-old had an impressive save accuracy of 76 per cent. Meanwhile, he completed 78 per cent of his passes, out of which 14 per cent were from outside the box.
Bijlow was also brilliant in coming off his line and made some vital challenges. He won as many as eight tackles with four of those from outside of the penalty area.
In our view, Bijlow would be a superb deputy for Onana. However, the big question is whether the Dutchman can be convinced to accept a back-up role at the club.
He recently earned two international caps for the Netherlands at the Nations League finals. He could lose his national team spot with the lack of regular first-team football.
It is also doubtful whether United will invest €20m on his services when the budget is limited, and there are other important priorities for them in the current transfer window.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions