Dutch champions Feyenoord are discussing about a fresh move for Manchester United starlet Amad Diallo this summer, according to Dutch outlet 1908.
The Eredivisie outfit agreed to sign Diallo on loan for the 2021/22 season but a deal broke down after the winger picked up an injury in a training session at United.
It is now reported that they are discussing ‘internally’ about the prospect of another approach for Diallo, who was recently on a season-long loan at Sunderland.
Diallo will return to United for pre-season training but The Sun have recently reported that the youngster would be open to pursuing another temporary stint.
The former Atalanta youngster prefers a move to the Dutch top-flight next season.
Erik ten Hag could keep Diallo at Man Utd
The 20-year-old had an impressive loan stint with Sunderland in the Championship. He netted 13 goals and provided three assists as they reached the play-offs.
Diallo will be involved with United for their pre-season tour and there is a good possibility that Ten Hag will keep him if he manages to impress in the friendlies.
At present, Antony is the only left-footed winger in the squad with Mason Greenwood suspended.
Diallo could be considered as the immediate back-up to the Brazil international next term and he could get regular game time too if he capitalises on his chances.
With the likes of Facundo Pellistri and Anthony Elanga set to be loaned out, we don’t see the prospect of Diallo leaving on another temporary stint this summer.
Jadon Sancho was impressive from the right flank against Chelsea recently but the England star has yet to find consistency. He prefers to operate from the left wing.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return