Just two clips for today. Some curious bit of stuff from Ferguson.
This year on the FA’s proposed England friendly in Qatar:
‘All the international managers have their jobs to do and we support that, particularly when it comes to the issue of competitive games like the European Championships or the World Cup. It’s very important that these players play for their countries.
‘But friendly games are a different matter. I don’t think that anyone agrees with them if you’re a league coach.
‘I think that some international managers could do without the friendly games themselves, but the football associations from every country warn them that sometimes it’s a nice day for them, a nice trip, a sunny day, and in some cases it creates good revenue for them.’
Last year we had to go to Japan for the World Club championship and were already swamped with fixtures. And we had the tiny little jaunt to Saudi Arabia to play a friendly. Ferguson surely would have expressed similar frustration with that?
“The one thing I am sure about is that this trip won’t do us any harm. We’ve gone to other countries in the past. Sometimes it doesn’t work, you get back and have a bad result, and you can say we should have done this or that. But we’re back on Thursday and that gives us three days to prepare for Tottenham.”
I guess it all boils down to PR, eh?
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?