Fenerbahce have submitted an official bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Fred, according to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano.
The Brazil international has entered the final year of his contract with the Red Devils, and the decision has already been made to sell him this summer.
United currently value him at €23 million, but Fenerbahce have now made a formal proposal of around €15m including add-ons for the midfielder.
Negotiations are ongoing on both the club and player’s side. The Super Lig outfit are eager to land the 30-year-old’s signature as soon as possible.
Fred could leave Man Utd in coming days
United made the decision to offload Fred after the purchase of Mason Mount from Chelsea.
The process has been very slow with the lack of concrete bids on the table. Fenerbahce have made the highest offer, but United could hold out for a higher fee.
Fulham continue to remain interested in signing the former Shakhtar Donetsk man, and we could see a bidding war between multiple clubs in the coming days.
However, United would not want to drag he negotiations until the final days of the transfer window as they have plans of pursuing another quality midfielder.
Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat has been constantly linked with United over several weeks. The club are expected to make a ‘decisive‘ move for him at any moment.
The Serie A outfit currently value the 26-year-old at €30m. United may have to offload more than one midfielder before preparing a formal approach to sign him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action