Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir is set for a second medical with Manchester United ahead of his summer transfer, according to Haber Turk.
The Turkey international recently underwent a pre-medical with United in Greece and the results were positive.
United have already agreed a deal worth €7 million with Fenerbahce and his transfer could be finalised very soon.
As per Haber Turk, United were negotiating with Fenerbahce for the best part of two months to sign the goalkeeper.
Bayindir is now expected to travel to England where he will undergo another medical before finalising his contract.
Bayindir could be a good deputy for Andre Onana
Bayindir has been a key player for Fenerbahce with nearly 150 appearances in all competitions.
Despite this, he has been convinced to accept a deputy role behind Andre Onana. In our view, the Turkish star would be a good back-up option for the 27-year-old.
Bayindir is a modern goalkeeper, who has a good aerial presence and can make high claims. He is good with the ball at his feet and can deliver accurate long balls.
Furthermore, he has the ability to feature as a sweeper-keeper. Bayindir can be erratic on occasions, but that is part and parcel of operating in advanced positions.
His arrival should pave the way for Dean Henderson’s exit. He is on the radar of Crystal Palace.
Bayindir could have a big role to play at the beginning of next year if Onana makes his international comeback. The Cameroonian could miss up to six games.
Onana has been out of the national team fold since his retirement in December last year, but he is anticipated to make his return in the upcoming squad.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions