FC Twente are waiting to sign Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri on loan, according to Dutch journalist Tijmen van Wissing.
The Dutch outfit have lost the services of Virgil Misidjan and Vaclav Cerny this summer, and they are currently without a specialist winger in the squad.
As a result, Twente are looking for reinforcements, and Van Wissing has revealed that Pellistri is one of the players that the club are keen on signing.
Speaking on the Voetbalpraat Podcast, the journalist said that Twente are waiting to sign the Uruguay international, but there is also interest from Boca Juniors.
United manager Erik ten Hag has already advised the 21-year-old to join the Dutch outfit on loan, but the ‘great talent’ has yet to choose between the two clubs.
Van Wissing said: “FC Twente simply have no wingers and you can see that.”
“A bit of the same thing is happening at FC Twente as at Ajax, they are waiting for Pellistri from Manchester United. Boca Juniors seems to be in the market for that now.
“That boy is advised by Ten Hag to go to FC Twente, because you play all the matches there in any case. He seems to be a great talent from Uruguay. They are waiting for that.”
Pellistri should follow Ten Hag’s advice
Boca Juniors are one of the most-renowned teams in South America. They have had a difficult 2023 season, and are looking to add more quality in their attack.
Pellistri is now attracting concrete interest from them, but we believe he should continue in Europe next term to boost his prospects of breaking into Ten Hag’s plans.
Ten Hag has a strong association with Dutch football from his playing days. He played for Twente in his career and was their assistant manager when they won the Eredivisie title in 2009/10.
A move to Twente would be ideal for Pellistri’s development. He would have guaranteed playing time throughout the season to develop into a more consistent attacker.
Pellistri has shown glimpses of his quality over the past year. The Uruguayan now needs a good season on loan with regular goal contributions to impress Ten Hag.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling