Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri delivered an impressive performance during Uruguay’s convincing 4-1 friendly win over Nicaragua.
The South American side were clear favourites in Marcelo Bielsa’s first game in-charge, and Pellistri was the man of the match with a splendid display.
The 21-year-old has yet to become a regular starter for United, but he has been a key player for his national side since his debut in January 2022.
Against Nicaragua, he was outstanding with two assists in the opening half.
Overall, Pellistri managed 46 touches with 21 accurate passes. He completed five take-ons while winning an impressive eight duels and three tackles.
It was a tremendous night for the youngster, who has already attained 12 caps since his debut last year.
Pellistri has registered five assists during this period, and it will be interesting to see how United deal with his contract situation over the coming weeks.
Pellistri could be loaned out next season
The youngster showed glimpses of his quality last term. He was lively on his debut against Charlton Athletic, providing an assist for Marcus Rashford off the bench.
Pellistri also caught the eye with his dribbling in tight spaces, but there are no assurances that he will get regular first-team football with the Red Devils next season.
Antony is an undisputed starter on the right wing and we could see Jadon Sancho get more playing time from the role. Amad Diallo could also break into Ten Hag’s plans.
Hence, a loan exit could be an ideal solution for Pellistri, who has two years left on his contract with an option for another year. United are keen to extend his deal further.
Diallo had a promising loan stint with Sunderland last term, netting 14 goals. Ten Hag could prefer to send Pellistri to the Championship for more first-team exposure.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin