Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri is set to go on another loan spell next season, according to reports.
The 20-year-old joined the Red Devils in October 2020 and has played for the Under-23s but he is yet to make his senior debut.
United loaned him out to Deportivo Alaves for the 2021-22 season but he endured a difficult time at the Spanish outfit.
The Uruguayan was left unhappy due to lack of game time during the spell. He made only 21 La Liga appearances, failing to make any goal contributions at all.
And as per ESPN Uruguay, the winger is preparing for another loan spell next season. It is said that his destination will be either Portugal or Italy.
Needs to do more for opportunities
Facundo Pellistri is currently part of the club’s pre-season tour. He was featured off the bench against Liverpool by Dutch boss Erik ten Hag and he managed to impress by scoring a goal.
However, the 52-year-old didn’t move him off the bench in the next matches against Melbourne Victory and Crystal Palace.
This season, there is plenty of competition for places at Manchester United. The Red Devils already have Jadon Sancho, Amad Diallo, Marcus Rashford, Tahith Chong and Anthony Elanga as wingers on their books.
Pellistri is full of potential who can become a first-team player in the future but his first-team prospects look very slim this campaign.
The Uruguayan needs to do more to be given more opportunities at Old Trafford. He needs to perform better during his loan spells and provide more goal contributions.
The 20-year-old can’t have too many complaints if he is loaned out to another club this season.
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns