Manchester United starlet Facundo Pellistri made his senior team debut in the 3-0 win over Charlton Athletic in the Carabao Cup on January 10.
He moved to Old Trafford from Penarol in 2019 but was unable to break into the senior United team until recently.
In a recent interview, he admitted that he won’t forget the night he made his first competitive appearance for the Red Devils.
He said (via ManUtd.com): “It was incredible because I had been looking forward to that moment for a long time.
“I was the one who enjoyed being on the pitch and wearing the Manchester United shirt and luckily there were 10 minutes more or less and I could touch the ball a lot and make that assist for Rashford.
“So it was a very good moment, perfect, and it is a night I’m going to remember. Every time I train, every time I play a game I will remember that night because it was incredible.”
Facundo Pellistri can be an impactful substitute
Erik ten Hag rates the 21-year-old highly. This is why he rejected loan offers in the winter transfer window.
Due to heavy competition, Pellistri won’t see regular game time at Old Trafford. Antony and Jadon Sancho are ahead of him in the pecking order.
He will have the onus to produce lively performances whenever he gets a chance off the bench.
His display against Charlton showed he possesses the vision to create chances for the team.
He is well-regarded in Uruguay and is a regular member of the international squad. He featured three times at the 2022 World Cup.
Alejandro Garnacho has also thrived under Ten Hag, making 24 appearances this term.
If Pellistri can make the same impact as Garnacho has in his cameos, Ten Hag will trust the Uruguayan more often.
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books
- ‘High hopes’: Lionel Scaloni speaks about Alejandro Garnacho’s future with Argentina