Manchester United youngster Facundo Pellistri has been picked by Uruguay for the upcoming World Cup finals in Qatar.
The 20-year-old has been with the Red Devils since the summer of 2020 but he has yet to make his debut for the club.
Prior to this season, he spent 18 months away on loan at Alaves. There are now suggestions that he could leave soon.
Pellistri picked up an ankle injury during pre-season and since his recovery, manager Erik ten Hag has fully ignored him.
He has been an unused substitute for 11 games in a row and it remains to be seen whether he makes his debut today.
Ten Hag has the chance to rotate his squad in the Carabao Cup third round against Aston Villa.
Pellistri earns deserved World Cup call-up with Uruguay
Pellistri’s club career has not kicked off since his move from Penarol in 2020. He failed to score or assist in his time at Alaves.
He has yet to make his senior United debut, but things have paved differently for him at the international stage with Uruguay,
In his seven caps for his country, the right-winger has registered three assists and has become a favourite under Diego Alonso.
Alonso called him up immediately after he recovered from an ankle injury in September which shows the level of faith in his ability.
Pellistri will be aiming to shine for the South American nation at the tournament before a possible transfer in the New Year.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV