Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri is high on FC Twente’s transfer shortlist after recommendation from manager Erik ten Hag, according to Twente Insite.
The Uruguay international made his breakthrough with the United first-team last season, but he managed only 214 minutes across 10 appearances.
Ten Hag has opened the door to send him on a season-long loan. It is reported that he has personally offered the 21-year-old to Twente.
The manager approached technical director Arnold Bruggink to confirm that Pellistri is available, but the final decision depends on the player.
Aside from Twente, Pellistri also has loan proposals from the likes of Bologna, Real Betis and Gremio. He has yet to decide which club to join.
Pellistri should benefit from another loan stint
Pellistri signed for United from Penarol in the summer of 2020. He had an 18-month loan stint with Alaves, but struggled to make a meaningful impact.
However, he has shown glimpses of his potential over the past year. Pellistri is now a full international with Uruguay and has been a regular starter.
He assisted Marcus Rashford’s first goal during his six-minute debut for United against Charlton in the Carabao Cup quarter-final in January.
With the vast competition for places, Pellistri may not get guaranteed game time with the club. A loan spell in the Eredivisie would be ideal for him.
Ten Hag has a good relationship with several Dutch teams including Twente where he was previously an assistant manager and also played for them.
Ultimately, Pellistri will make the final choice, but Ten Hag would want him to join a top flight European club where he has an assured starting spot.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action