Facundo Pellistri admits he has learnt a lot from Erik ten Hag in his first full campaign with Manchester United.
Pellistri moved to Old Trafford from Penarol in 2020 but made his senior debut for the Red Devils in January 2023 against Charlton Athletic.
Talking about Ten Hag, he told ManUtd.com: “Erik is a great manager.
“He’s taught us a lot of things, different ways of playing. We prepare [for] every match differently.
“Of course, we have our same style, but we have to change some things depending on the rival.
“And, of course, you learn a lot of things. And that’s why I told you that, this season, I learned a lot.”
Facundo Pellistri must make a big impact next season
The 21-year-old gained valuable experience by staying with the United senior team for the entire season.
He made ten appearances for the Red Devils and provided a fine assist for Marcus Rashford on his debut.
United know that Pellistri has huge potential and want him to extend his current deal.
The Uruguay international produced some dazzling cameos this season, exhibiting his short-passing ability and dribbling skills.
The next step for the youngster will be to get regular first-team experience by going out on loan.
Amad Diallo has shown that a spectacular loan season can put you on the cusp of the first team. Pellistri needs to do something similar if the manager sanctions his loan exit.
Antony and Amad will provide the depth on the right flank. Jadon Sancho could also operate from the right if required.
It makes sense for United to let Pellistri leave temporarily so he can play games every week.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions