In an exclusive interview with The United Stand, reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Manchester United have yet to receive any transfer proposal for midfielder Paul Pogba.
The Frenchman’s future has been a regular discussion point over the past 12 months and he is currently approaching the final year of his contract.
Speaking to The United Stand, Romano said that Juventus are interested in re-signing Pogba but they are unlikely to meet the Red Devils’ £87m (€100m) price tag for the midfielder.
“They [Juventus] are heading into a different situation because they also know why Manchester United might let Pogba leave in this moment for a lower price than €100 million is impossible,” He told.
“In this moment, Manchester United haven’t received a bid from Juventus, but I am sure that if Coronavirus was not here, Juventus, in this moment, today, would start talking with Manchester United, for sure.”
Pogba has experienced a difficult season due to a nagging ankle problem and he underwent a surgery at the beginning of the year to rectify the concern.
The Frenchman is expected to return to action for the Red Devils, should the Premier League campaign resume after the suspension due to the coronavirus pandemic.
At present, United are quite clear that the 26-year-old remains a key player in their ranks and they are unlikely to sanction his sale unless any club meets their asking price.
Still, they need to find a resolution over his future at the club, particularly with Romano admitting that the midfielder would prefer a return to the Bianconeri.
The club have recently been tipped to convince Pogba to sign a new long-term contract and it remains to be seen whether the board are able to find the breakthrough.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd