Manchester United and Chelsea are keeping tabs on Flamengo wonderkid Lorran, according to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano.
The 17-year-old made his first-team debut for the Brazilian giants in January and he has since made three more appearances for the club.
Despite his limited minutes, he is considered to have huge potential. He became the youngest ever player to score in Flamengo’s history in January.
It is now reported by Romano that United and Chelsea were recently monitoring the teenager, who has a release clause worth €50 million.
The young playmaker is represented by the agency of JayZ, who also have Vinicius Junior, Gabriel Martinelli and Endrick in their ranks.
United should move forward with their interest
United’s scouting mission in South America does not surprise us. They were interested in Moises Caicedo before his move to Brighton & Hove Albion.
River Plate’s Enzo Fernandez and Julian Alvarez were also monitored by the Red Devils, but they moved to Europe with Benfica and Manchester City.
Fernandez and Caicedo are now with Premier League rivals Chelsea. The London club paid huge nine-figure sums to secure the highly-rated stars.
In our view, United need to move forward with their interest in Lorran if they want to purchase him.
The waiting game could cost them another emerging youngster.
Chelsea have already signed several South American teenagers since their takeover last year and they have the financial capacity to win the race.
Lorran is an attacking midfielder by trade. He has one goal from four outings for Flamengo.
United have the position well covered with captain Bruno Fernandes, but Lorran could be seen as a long-term replacement for the Portuguese star.
If United were to reach an agreement with Flamengo for Lorran, he won’t be allowed to join the club until his 18th birthday (July 4) next summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling