Manchester United starlet Amad Diallo is set to stay at Old Trafford in the January transfer window.
Reports on Tuesday evening suggested the 21-year-old is keen to return to Sunderland on loan for the remainder of the season.
According to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano, rumours linking Diallo to a loan exit are ‘not true’, as the youngster is happy to stay at the Theatre of Dreams.
Man United want the €18 million-rated forward to be a part of the squad. Erik ten Hag is also clear on the role Diallo has to play for the Red Devils.
Amad Diallo has a chance to cement his place at Man United
The Ivory Coast international enjoyed a stunning 2022/23 campaign with the Black Cats. He notched 14 goals and four assists under Tony Mowbray.
Many people hoped 2023/24 would be the breakthrough season for Diallo at Old Trafford, but destiny had other plans.
The starlet sustained an injury during pre-season and returned to full training last month. He made his return from the bench against Nottingham Forest on December 30.
Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho are the first-choice wingers.
A goal and an assist against Newport County will give Ten Hag more breathing room to select Antony.
The Brazilian attacker has produced dismal performances all season and does not deserve the playing time he is getting under the Dutchman.
With Jadon Sancho moving to Borussia Dortmund and Facundo Pellistri on the verge of completing his loan move to Granada, Diallo may see sufficient game-time in the coming weeks.
Hopefully, the United manager will stop favouring Antony and ensure that Diallo’s unique talents are not wasted.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow