Manchester United will be hosting Frank Lampard’s Everton in the FA Cup third round.
The Red Devils have an excellent history in the famous old competition and they have been victorious on 12 occasions – most recently in 2016 where they came from behind to beat Crystal Palace 2-1.
The club were stunned by Middlesbrough on penalties in the fourth round tie last season, but they will be aiming to go all the way this time around as they aim to end their six-year trophy drought.
Manager Erik ten Hag has said that he wants to win every competition with United and we can be rest assured that he will pick his strongest line-up for the Cup tie, provided they are no injuries.
United beat Everton 2-1 at Goodison Park in the Premier League earlier this season. Alex Iwobi scored in just the fifth minute with a stellar strike, but Antony equalised in the space of 10 minutes.
Shortly before the break, Cristiano Ronaldo made it 2-1 in United’s favour. Marcus Rashford bagged a third in the second half, but the goal was unfortunately chalked off for a hand ball.
Ten Hag will be hoping for a similar performance at Old Trafford when the clubs meet at the turn of the year. The FA Cup third round tie will be played between January 6 and January 9.
United have faced the Toffees on 12 occasions in the FA Cup. They have a 50% win record and most recently won 2-1 in the 2016 semi-final where Anthony Martial scored a dramatic late winner.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest