Manchester United entertain Aston Villa in Monday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have been disappointing over the past three Premier League games, picking up just four points in the process.
They were poor in the recent 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers where they conceded a staggering 19 scoring attempts.
Interim boss Ralf Rangnick will want a strong response from his side against the Villans, but it could be another tricky game.
The Midlands outfit secured a 1-0 league win at Old Trafford in September. Bruno Fernandes missed a stoppage-time penalty.
David de Gea has been an undisputed choice in goal for the Premier League games, and he has been splendid with his performances.
However, he could be rested with Dean Henderson getting a rare outing between the sticks.
Diogo Dalot could replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the right-back position. Luke Shaw could keep his place on the opposite flank, given he will be suspended for United’s league trip to Villa Park five days later.
Rangnick was pleased for Phil Jones on Monday after he stood out in his first appearance in more than 700 days. The 29-year-old could keep his spot at the heart of the defence.
In the centre of the park, Scott McTominay appears a definite starter as he is suspended for the next league game after picking up five yellow cards.
Fred has been left on the bench in recent matches, and he is a likely contender to partner the Scot.
Further forward, there could be starts for Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes, who came off the bench against Wolves. The latter was lively in his cameo appearance and will be hoping to revive his form.
He has netted just one goal and two assists since November, which is a far cry from his exploits last term.
Cristiano Ronaldo appears in line to start in attack, but Edinson Cavani could be benched.
Rangnick acknowledged that he could have taken off Cavani over Mason Greenwood on Monday. The club graduate was one of the better performing players and could partner Ronaldo.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona