Patrice Evra has told a French television channel that he might leave Manchester United when his contract expires next summer.
The Frenchman’s contract runs out at the end of the season and after seven years at Old Trafford, during which he has won five Premier League titles, a Champions League and two League Cups, the 32-year-old could leave Old Trafford at the end of the campaign.
In an interview with French television Telefoot, Evra was asked whether he was worried about his expiring contract at Manchester United, to which he replied: “No, not at all.
“It is a personal thing. It is not that Manchester United do not want me to sign a new contract.
“Manchester United would like me to finish my career there, but this is something personal.”
The Frenchman has been linked with a move back to his former club Monaco, with which he reached the 2004 Champions League final, while fellow big-spenders PSG have also been reported to be interested in securing the experience left-back’s services.
Throughout the summer, United were heavily linked with a number of left-backs, as they had two offers for Leighton Baines turned down by Everton, while a late bid for Real Madrid’s Fabio Coentrao was also unsuccessful as the Portuguese defender remained in the Spanish capital.
With Alexander Buttner still to prove he’s capable of stepping up to be a reliable replacement for Evra and with Fabio having so far enjoyed a very limited amount of opportunities to prove his worth since returning from a loan spell at QPR, United are expected to enter the market for a left-back either in January or next summer.
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag
- Manchester United in talks to sign Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani
- Ajax and Edson Alvarez are Man Utd’s best bet for moving on Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd identify Moussa Diaby as Anthony Martial’s heir – Report
- Manchester United: Rangers in advanced talks to sign Jack Butland on free transfer
- How Man Utd Could Line Up For the 2023/24 Premier League Season
- Man Utd ready to hand £10m pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of possible West Ham move
- Man Utd interested in signing Dusan Vlahovic as Juventus set asking price
- Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount agrees terms with Man Utd ahead of likely transfer
- Anthony Elanga price drop shows Man Utd’s desperation to shift unwanted players