Everton have joined the race to sign Manchester United attacking midfielder Hannibal Mejbri on loan this month, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Sevilla want to bring the Tunisia international to La Liga until the end of the season and have already entered into talks with the representatives of the 20-year-old.
However, the Toffees are looking to pip them to his services, while Freiburg and Lyon are also monitoring the situation.
Everton have contacted Man United over a deal, but it is up to Mejbri to decide where he wants to spend the second half of the season.
The youngster opted against going to the Africa Cup of Nations this month to seal a loan move away from the Old Trafford club and start playing immediately.
Remaining in the Premier League could appeal to Mejbri, but whether he will get enough game time at Everton remains to be seen.
The Goodison Park club are fighting for survival after they were docked ten points following a breach of the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules.
The decision is under appeal, and the Man United attacker has a chance to prove himself at a big club under their current circumstances.
Mejbri has featured in nine games across all competitions for the Red Devils this term, starting four times and weighing in with a goal.
However, he needs to keep playing regularly for his progress and development to continue, and a move to Everton could do him a world of good.
He was with Birmingham City last term on loan in the Championship, contributing five assists and a goal in 38 league games.
While he has not reached the same heights with Man United this term, the potential is there given his huge talents.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow