Today’s sport pages are unsurprisingly filled with news regarding Fabrice Muamba’s recovery, as the Bolton man began to breathe unaided and recognised family members. United, though, make the news anyway, with papers focusing on future transfers and the race for the title.
Let’s start with the Mirror, where Jonny Evans believes that the title might be decided on goal difference and that a rejuvenated Chelsea could put pressure on City tomorrow night, a story also reported by the Guardian.
Duncan White writes an interesting article for the Telegraph where he gives United a slight edge in the race for the title. Momentum, a slightly easier run-in and fresher players are they factors according to the broadsheet’s columnist. White believes that City’s key players haven’t been rested enough throughout the season and may now feel the strain of a demanding campaign.
The Sun runs a story regarding Dimitar Berbatov, as the paper seems convinced that the reason why Ferguson is willing to let him go in the summer is that the Bulgarian is too slow. The tabloid also features a story according to which Rio Ferdinand will be the target of £250k a week offer from Chinese club Guizhou Renhe in the summer.
In more transfer news, the Daily Mail reports that United are keeping an eye on Rayo Vallecano’s midfielder Michu. Martin Ferguson was sent to scout the 25-year-old midfielder, who has already scored 13 goals this season, as Fergie looks for new faces for his midfield.
Finally, James Lawton writes on the Independent that Bolton should play on in the FA Cup, despite the events that unfolded Saturday on White Hart Lane, just like United did in 1958 when, after the Munich crash they managed to reach Wembley – ironically losing the final against the Trotters.
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract