With Cristiano Ronaldo now looking set to leave Old Trafford, Manchester United are expected to bring in a new forward this summer.
The Red Devils have been linked with Paulo Dybala but they would be best served by acquiring the services of a natural goalscorer off the back of a woeful season in front of goal last term.
Antony Martial has returned from a largely uninspiring loan spell at La Liga outfit Sevilla and is unlikely to get the nod to lead the line next season.
With Erling Braut Haaland and Darwin Nunez joining Manchester City and Liverpool respectively, the 20-time English champions have seen their striker options become increasingly streamlined.
However, Evanilson has emerged as a potential target in recent weeks and securing a move for the Porto man would be a step in the right direction.
Evanilson is ready for the big jump to the Premier League
While Nunez caught most of the attention during the just-concluded Primeira Liga campaign, Evanilson went about his business more quietly as his 21 goals came in handy for Porto en route to league and cup glory.
Only the aforementioned Nunez and Ricardo Horta scored more non-penalty league goals than Evanilson, and this becomes more impressive when you consider he often played in a two-striker set-up alongside Mehdi Taremi, who was the main focal point in attack.
Blessed with great finishing prowess and the ability to be actively involved in build-up play, the Brazilian has the tools to fit in seamlessly to Erik ten Hag’s style of play.
Porto are open to shipping out another of their big guns despite having already sold Fabio Vieira to Arsenal, although they are expected to demand a fee north of €60 million.
The 22-year-old would be a long-term addition and is worth taking a gamble on as United look to restore the glory days at the Theatre of Dreams.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m