Ethan Ennis has confirmed that he has left Liverpool and will join Manchester United this summer.
According to the Liverpool Echo, Ennis rejected the opportunity to renew his contract with the Reds.
He took to Instagram to confirm his signing with United, posting a picture of himself at the Theatre of Dreams.
Ennis, who plays as an attacking midfielder, has been considering his options this summer.
The 16-year-old recently posted an Instagram story from Chelsea’s training ground, which suggested he may join the Blues.
However, he has opted to sign for United and is the first official signing for the club’s academy this summer.
Ennis is a highly talented player who proved his talent at youth level for Liverpool last season.
He smashed five goals in eight appearances, which included a hat-trick in the FA Youth Cup.
The Merseyside club were keen to hand him a new deal but have been left disappointed.
Their loss is undoubtedly United’s gain.
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?