Manchester United have been handed a boost in signing Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos with the Portuguese outfit identifying his potential replacement.
The Red Devils are expected to land a new centre-forward in the upcoming transfer window and it has been recently reported that talks are planned with Benfica over Ramos.
United would be willing to pay £70 million up front with £30m in add-ons and it appears the Portuguese outfit are already planning for life without him next season.
As per Record (page 4), the club have resisted Ramos’ sale over the past couple of years but they are unlikely to prevent his departure in the next transfer window.
It is added that United are interested in prising him away with Erik ten Hag at the helm.
Getafe’s Enes Unal, who has netted 14 goals in the Spanish top-flight this season, has been identified as a quality low-cost replacement. They could sign him for £17m.
Ramos would be a brilliant striker signing
The 21-year-old has had a superb campaign with Benfica. He has notched up 26 goals and 12 assists from 45 games across all competitions.
The youngster has also made his mark with the Portuguese national side. He scored a stellar hat-trick against Switzerland in the World Cup last 16.
Hence, his reputation has been enhanced greatly and he would be a brilliant piece of investment for the Red Devils due to his immense potential.
Aside from his goal involvements, Ramos has impressed with his work rate and regular high pressing. He does not shy away from tackling defenders.
These are attributes that would suit Ten Hag’s playing style at United. With his relatively young age, he could be nurtured into a world-class star.
The Red Devils will have to be quick with their negotiations, considering Paris Saint-Germain are also long-term admirers. They tried to sign him last summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns