Erik ten Hag’s agent Kees Vos has been asking some academy players at Manchester United to ditch their agents for him, according to the Sun.
As a result, there has been alarm over the growing influence of the Sports Entertainment Group (SEG) at the club given their involvement in transfers.
Vos has ruffled the feathers of the agents of some of Man United’s younger players in the academy after trying to get them to move over to SEG.
Rasmus Hojlund is also represented by SEG after joining the agency a month before signing for the Red Devils in the summer in a big-money move.
Vos also acted on behalf of Man United to bring Morocco international midfielder Sofyan Amrabat to the club on loan from Fiorentina.
Man United staff also expressed concerns about his growing involvement in the transfer activities at the club in September, and the agents of the academy starlets are beginning to feel his impact.
His influence at the club is expected to keep growing as the current leadership has not frowned against it.
However, things would change if Ten Hag was sacked or if Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his team became concerned about him once they are cleared by the Premier League.
Vos has been a regular at Old Trafford since last season, and Zidane Iqbal joined his agency shortly before the Red Devils sold him to Utrecht.
Agents of other players outside the club are also unhappy as they reckon his growing influence will make them lose out on potential deals due to his relationship with the manager.
While the strong link between SEG and Man United comes with its advantages in the transfer market, it could affect their chances of signing players not represented by the agency.
SEG were involved in more than 300 transfers last summer and boast 600 athletes and clients, with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola also represented by them.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow