Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is willing and ready to let attacking midfielder Facundo Pellistri leave the club this month, according to the Sun.
La Liga club Villarreal are keen on buying the 22-year-old this month after reigniting interest in securing his services.
Pellistri had two loan spells in the Spanish top flight with Alaves, and the Yellow Submarine were looking to bring him back in the summer.
Numerous clubs wanted the Uruguay international last summer, with Sheffield United and FC Twente also mentioned.
However, Ten Hag held talks with Pellistri and convinced him to continue his development with the Red Devils.
The winger has started just three times across all competitions this term, coming off the bench ten times and weighing in with an assist.
He has failed to impress despite the struggles of Antony, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford. The returning Amad Diallo has also moved ahead of him in the pecking order.
Pellistri is not short of suitors, with OGC Nice interested in signing him on loan until the end of the season.
Sevilla have also been linked and some of the clubs that wanted him in the summer could return for him.
Man United prefer to loan him out for now. They hope he will impress elsewhere and command a decent transfer fee in the summer.
The Red Devils have failed to perform as expected in attack, netting just 22 Premier League goals this season.
Ten Hag wants to bolster his squad and is more than willing to move Pellistri on to make space for a quality finisher in his squad.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow