Erik ten Hag will decide on the futures of first team duo Victor Lindelof and Scott McTominay this summer, reports Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Lindelof was once a regular starter at Old Trafford. He first arrived in the summer transfer window of 2017, signing from Ajax for an estimated £30 million.
During Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s time in charge of the Red Devils, the Sweden international started the majority of games alongside Harry Maguire.
However, new boss Erik ten Hag has not been as fond of the defender. He has started just five league games all season, largely down to the form of Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez.
McTominay is in a similar boat. He first broke into the first team under Jose Mourinho after 15 years in the academy and was a mainstay in Solskjaer’s preferred starting XI.
The arrival of Casemiro last summer has seen the Scot’s game time severely reduced. He has made just seven Premier League starts this term and a further 11 appearances off the bench.
With the transfer window approaching, both players could be set for a move. Romano claims that Ten Hag will make a decision over their futures this summer.
Lindelof attracted attention from Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid in January. It is believed that he could play a part in a potential move for Nerazzurri full-back Denzel Dumfries.
As for McTominay, he has been most closely linked to Newcastle United. However, with the Magpies also chasing Champions League football, Man United may opt not to sell to a possible direct rival.
- Sofyan Amrabat shows why Man Utd should sign him this summer
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa