Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag should consider starting Alejandro Garnacho during Saturday’s late Premier League kick-off against Burnley at Turf Moor.
The Red Devils suffered a third-straight defeat on Wednesday night. They were beaten 4-3 at the hands of Bayern Munich in the Champions League group stage.
United have no time to ponder over the result, given the short turnaround time before the Burnley trip.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag is bound to consider a few changes to the starting line-up and in our opinion, Garnacho should make the XI against the Clarets.
The United graduate started the first two games of the season, but he has since played just 20 minutes of normal time for the Red Devils across all competitions.
Against Bayern, he replaced Facundo Pellistri in the 81st minute and had a lively cameo.
The 19-year-old won three out of his four duels contested and induced three fouls from the opposition. One of those won the free-kick which led to Casemiro’s consolation goal in stoppage time.
The €25 million-rated wonderkid also made one interception and should have found the net after Marcus Rashford’s dangerous cross from the right flank for him.
In our view, Garnacho deserves to make his first start for United since August 19 when they travel to Lancashire to face Vincent Kompany’s side on Saturday.
It is quite obvious that Ten Hag won’t consider dropping Rashford at any stage. Pellistri will most likely make way for Garnacho to get the nod in the starting line-up.
This would mean a positional change for Rashford. The Englishman could operate from the right flank to accommodate Garnacho on the left wing as seen in yesterday’s game.
From what we have judged, Rashford looks much comfortable crossing the ball from the right wing. Ten Hag should trial by starting both Garnacho and Rashford this weekend.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling