Manchester United secured back-to-back wins in the Premier League following a 1-0 triumph over Bournemouth on the road on Saturday.
Casemiro’s stellar scissor kick in the ninth minute was the match winner but United could have easily scored more goals at the Vitality Stadium.
Once again, they lacked the cutting edge in the final third of the pitch and in our opinion, manager Erik ten Hag should consider a change in attack.
Jadon Sancho had a tidy performance against the Cherries. The forward completed 86 per cent of his passes with 100 per cent of his dribbles and ground duels won.
Despite the glowing statistics, Sancho seemed slow with his decision-making around the box. He was generally looking for the next pass than being more direct.
In our view, the manager should consider playing Alejandro Garnacho over the England star when the Red Devils welcome Chelsea to Old Trafford on Thursday.
Garnacho has been hugely impressive in his cameos from the left wing. He scored the second goal in the win over Wolverhampton Wanderers at home last weekend.
Yesterday, the club graduate produced yet another lively performance. He did not get on the scoresheet but caught the eye with his direct and fearless running.
United need just one more point from their final two games of the top-flight campaign to guarantee their spot in next season’s Champions League group stage.
They could seal their top-four berth against the Blues in midweek. Hopefully, we will see a more clinical performance from the Red Devils in front of the fans.
We would personally prefer to see Garnacho feature on the left wing. Marcus Rashford should lead the attack on Thursday if he is deemed fit after his illness.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season