Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has explained what his players should do to book a place in the FA Cup final.
The Red Devils are set to lock horns with Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final today.
Ten Hag has challenged his players to bring out their top performance after a disappointing evening against Sevilla in midweek.
He said (via ManUtd.com): “First of all, bring your own performance. We will make a good plan and, from then on, [try and] execute it.
“Then you have to manage the game and anticipate if the opponent can do different stuff. You have to anticipate these things and deal with the circumstances – make it your game.
“We can play football and we have shown this so many times – we beat all the big teams in the Premier League. We know we can do it but, at the moment, you have to do it.”
Man United players have to show a fight against Brighton
The Red Devils have progressed under Ten Hag this season but have suffered several bumps along the way.
They have suffered setbacks against Manchester City, Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, Brentford and Sevilla.
United have played the most games across the top five leagues this season. Fatigue and injuries are bound to have an impact, but this cannot be used as an excuse.
The players lacked focus and confidence at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium, and Sevilla deservedly romped to a 3-0 victory.
United must be wary against Brighton as they have played some exciting football this season.
They are comfortable playing out from the back, with Pep Guardiola labelling them one of the best teams across Europe in this aspect.
Roberto De Zerbi has changed the mindset of the Seagulls and is serving up some thrilling football to the club’s supporters.
The Red Devils cannot let their guard down against Brighton, as they have the power to tear United apart.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return