Atletico Madrid star Yannick Carrasco is allegedly now a ‘serious transfer target’ for Manchester United this summer.
That’s according to a report from The Telegraph who claim that United will have to pay around £25 million to sign the versatile 28-year-old Atleti ace.
United manager Erik ten Hag is clearly keen to bolster his central midfield and centre-forward ranks at Old Trafford before the transfer window closes in two weeks.
Strengthening those two positions will undoubtedly be the main priorities for the Dutchman. It seems as though he is looking for a utility man who can operate as a winger and a wing-back as well though.
Manchester United eyeing Yannick Carrasco swoop
The Telegraph reckon that Ten Hag has identified the 57-capped Belgium international as a priority transfer target this summer.
The 28-year-old joined Atletico from Monaco way back in 2015. He left to join the Chinese Super League in 2018 but returned to the Spanish capital in 2020.
Carrasco has bagged 37 goals and 39 assists in 2020 games for Atleti.
He has played 138 games as a left winger and 38 as a left wing-back. The rest of his performances have been spread out across the right wing and attacking midfield positions. He can even operate as an auxiliary centre-forward if need be.
The Atletico star possesses pace in abundance and has exceptional technical ability. He would certainly provide Ten Hag with an option that he doesn’t currently possess and his versatility could prove to be crucial for United during the long and physically punishing campaign that awaits them.
We think that Carrasco would be a very smart addition for United this summer. Especially for just £25m.
Read also: Romano claims 23-year-old will be easiest signing for Manchester United to get done.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’