Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has provided an update on three key players ahead of the Premier League clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers on the road.
The Red Devils are currently 11 points adrift of the top four, but they have the opportunity to reduce the gap after Aston Villa’s 3-1 defeat at the hands of Newcastle United.
Speaking ahead of the Molineux trip tomorrow, Ten Hag has revealed that Andre Onana is back in contention following Cameroon’s exit at the Africa Cup of Nations.
The Dutch tactician added that Marcus Rashford is also available after a minor disciplinary issue, but the game will come too soon for Mason Mount who is still recovering from a calf problem.
He said in his press conference: “So he has taken responsibility and for the rest it’s an internal matter. Case closed. Mason Mount, it is too soon, yeah. But Andre Onana will return.”
United played out an impressive 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in the league earlier this month. They will be aiming to return to winning ways versus Wolves away from home.
It won’t be an easy challenge against Gary O’Neil’s side who have picked up 10 points in the last four games and almost got a draw in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford in August.
Onana’s return between the sticks is a huge boost for the Red Devils. The same can be said for Rashford who despite his inconsistency this term, remains a key player under Ten Hag.
It will be interesting to see whether Rashford makes the XI. Antony’s goal and assist against Newport County could see him get the nod in the starting line-up against Wolves.
Meanwhile, Mount is set to take more time for his comeback. The €45 million-rated star has yet to make a significant impact since his summer move from league rivals Chelsea.
The England international will be keen to prove himself on his return. The club are currently lacking creativity from the number eight role with Christian Eriksen struggling to replicate last season’s form.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow