Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has provided an injury update on Lisandro Martinez and Victor Lindelof following the 3-1 Premier League defeat at Arsenal.
The Red Devils suffered a disappointing loss to the Gunners on the road, but there were other concerns with Martinez and Lindelof substituted during the game.
Martinez asked to be replaced after the hour mark following a clumsy foul on Eddie Nketiah. The Argentine appeared to have picked up an injury in the process.
Meanwhile, Lindelof was brought off six minutes from time. The Swede could not carry on which forced the manager to bring on Jonny Evans for his second debut.
Speaking after the game, Ten Hag clarified that Lindelof was ill and had to come off.
When pressed on Martinez, the Dutch tactician added that the Argentine had a problem on his foot and the exact nature of the concern will need to be diagnosed.
He told Manutd.com: “Victor was ill, so he had to come off.”
“And Licha said he had a problem on his foot. But I’m not sure if it’s an injury.
“We have to wait, we have to see, we have to make the diagnosis.”
United have had an early season injury crisis. They are already without Raphael Varane, Mason Mount, Luke Shaw, Kobbie Mainoo, Amad Diallo, Tyrell Malacia and Tom Heaton.
The fans will be relieved that Lindelof was only substituted due to an illness. We should know more about Martinez’s condition from the club in the next 24 hours or so.
Hopefully, the World Cup winner has suffered nothing serious, and will be available for the club when they entertain Brighton & Hove Albion after the internationals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling