Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has heaped praise on Bruno Fernandes amid his impressive run of form over the past few months.
The Portugal international had a slow start to the campaign with the Red Devils but he has become more influential as the season has progressed.
Fernandes recently pipped Marcus Rashford to the club’s Player of the Month award for March. Ten Hag has now spoken about his ‘massive improvement’.
He told Manutd.com: “He is fantastic. He has a fantastic season so far and firstly he is an example. He gives so much energy to the team, but he is taking so much responsibility and pushing the team but often by example.”
“Not only by coaching by example, he is so good in transitional moments. Of course in the final third he is continually a threat. In possession he is always available to receive the ball.
He is always an option and almost every time he has the right solution. I am so happy with Bruno in my team and I think he’s made a massive improvement during the season and I hope he can continue this.”
Fernandes has been hugely impressive since the World Cup
Fernandes struggled for form and consistency before the World Cup. He registered just three goals and three assists for the Red Devils across all competitions.
However, he has made a drastic improvement since the tournament. The Portuguese bagged seven goals and nine assists in 89 days before the international break.
Hence, he has been doing plenty of things right over the past few months and United need him to continue the good form between now and the end of the campaign.
The club have the chance to win more silverware through the FA Cup and Europa League while they still have work to do to finish in the top four of the Premier League.
Today’s game at St James’ Park is a crucial one for the Red Devils. A victory would put them in a strong position to cement the third spot in the league table this season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’