Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was full of praise for Casemiro following the club’s 1-1 Premier League draw at Chelsea on Saturday.
The Red Devils were the better attacking unit in the first half at Stamford Bridge but they failed to capitalise on their clear-cut scoring chances.
In the 87th minute, Jorginho put the Blues ahead from the penalty spot but United managed to salvage a draw through Casemiro’s header in stoppage time.
Luke Shaw delivered a sublime cross into the box. Casemiro rose highest in front of Scott McTominay to score against an in-form Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Speaking after the draw, Ten Hag said that the Brazil international is growing in confidence after every game and he was massive with his performance.
He told Manutd.com: “He is growing from game to game and now, he made the equaliser.”
“That gives the team and him more confidence. We need headers, and it was a great finish.
“He is coming in the team and you see how important he is. I think he was massive today in his performance.
“He is now matching the Premier League intensity and from game to game he will be better. I am confident of that.”
Casemiro started the season as a regular on the bench. He was unable to displace Scott McTominay, who was in fine form from the number six position.
However, his fortunes have changed since the start of October. McTominay was poor in the Manchester derby. Casemiro has since cemented a starting role.
His displays have improved with every passing game. There is still room for improvement with his ball retention, but he has been winning several key duels.
The ex-Real Madrid star won as many as 10 duels last night alongside five tackles. He also delivered six long balls and made three clearances. He was not dribbled past.
We are now seeing the best of Casemiro in the Red Devils shirt. He has made two goal contributions this month, and was unlucky not to grab an assist against Newcastle United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest