Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was full of praise for Casemiro following the club’s 1-1 Premier League draw at Chelsea on Saturday.
The Red Devils were the better attacking unit in the first half at Stamford Bridge but they failed to capitalise on their clear-cut scoring chances.
In the 87th minute, Jorginho put the Blues ahead from the penalty spot but United managed to salvage a draw through Casemiro’s header in stoppage time.
Luke Shaw delivered a sublime cross into the box. Casemiro rose highest in front of Scott McTominay to score against an in-form Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Speaking after the draw, Ten Hag said that the Brazil international is growing in confidence after every game and he was massive with his performance.
He told Manutd.com: “He is growing from game to game and now, he made the equaliser.”
“That gives the team and him more confidence. We need headers, and it was a great finish.
“He is coming in the team and you see how important he is. I think he was massive today in his performance.
“He is now matching the Premier League intensity and from game to game he will be better. I am confident of that.”
Casemiro started the season as a regular on the bench. He was unable to displace Scott McTominay, who was in fine form from the number six position.
However, his fortunes have changed since the start of October. McTominay was poor in the Manchester derby. Casemiro has since cemented a starting role.
His displays have improved with every passing game. There is still room for improvement with his ball retention, but he has been winning several key duels.
The ex-Real Madrid star won as many as 10 duels last night alongside five tackles. He also delivered six long balls and made three clearances. He was not dribbled past.
We are now seeing the best of Casemiro in the Red Devils shirt. He has made two goal contributions this month, and was unlucky not to grab an assist against Newcastle United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns
- Antony proves his worth with fantastic Man Utd performance vs Chelsea
- Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea: Player ratings as McTominay powers the Red Devils to sixth
- Full confirmed line-ups: Man Utd vs Chelsea
- Andre Onana reveals why his Manchester United teammates call him ‘the boss’