Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag must field Aaron Wan-Bissaka against Galatasaray to neutralise the attacking threat of Wilfried Zaha this evening.
The Red Devils will clash with Galatasaray in the Champions League with their round-of-16 qualification hopes on the line.
Zaha has scored four goals against Man United in his last five outings and is expected to start for the Turkish outfit.
The 31-year-old scored the opening goal for his side in the reverse fixture last month, helping them record a remarkable 3-2 victory.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka could keep Wilfried Zaha quiet
Wan-Bissaka is one of the best one-on-one defenders in the world.
He knows Zaha well as they played together during their Crystal Palace days.
The most recent battle between them was memorable. The €25 million star made a stunning last-ditch tackle to stop Zaha from scoring a late winner for the Eagles in January 2023.
Wan-Bissaka was missed in the reverse fixture when Galatasaray travelled to Old Trafford last month.
The trickster outmuscled and bullied Diogo Dalot to score his goal.
Dalot was also shown a yellow card in the 38th minute for his late challenge on Zaha.
The Portuguese international has been an asset going forward but has made a few mistakes in defence.
He has been guilty of losing his marker twice this season, allowing FC Copenhagen and Newcastle United to score.
Man United cannot afford a mistake from him tomorrow as they stand on the brink of elimination from the Champions League.
Galatasaray have a fine attacking side with Mauro Icardi, Dries Mertens and Hakim Ziyech in their ranks.
The Red Devils will not want to concede and then chase a win in a hostile atmosphere in Turkey.
Having Wan-Bissaka in the right-back spot will come at an attacking cost.
However, the 26-year-old is improving in that department and is more willing to take attacking positions.
Dalot could be used from the bench if Man United are still trying to win the game.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow