Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is keeping tabs on Utrecht midfielder Taylor Booth ahead of a possible transfer approach this summer, the Daily Mail report.
The Red Devils have made impressive progress under the Dutchman this campaign and they are currently on course to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
Ten Hag’s signings have been up to the mark thus far and he is now personally monitoring Booth, who joined Utrecht from Bayern Munich for free last summer.
The 53-year-old has close ties with Utrecht where he was a player as well as a manager.
Ten Hag could bring Booth to Man Utd
United bolstered their midfield department with the loan signing of Bayern’s Marcel Sabitzer last month.
The Austrian is a brilliant box-to-box midfielder and he will be hoping to impress Ten Hag such that he can secure a permanent deal at the end of the campaign.
Regardless of this, Ten Hag may have his plans of bringing Booth to Old Trafford. The youngster is currently enjoying a fine breakthrough season with Utrecht.
Booth has two goals and three assists from 14 Eredivisie games. The 21-year-old can play anywhere in attack behind the striker but he is predominantly a central midfielder.
Aside from his goal involvements, he has also caught the eye with his ability to win ground duels and tackles. He is still a raw talent but has plenty of potential in him.
In our opinion, Booth could be seen as an emerging talent, who can become a key player for United in future. Ten Hag is the right manager to get the best out of him.
There could be multiple midfielders leaving the club this summer. Scott McTominay and Fred are on the radar of Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain at the moment.
There are also doubts over Donny van de Beek’s future. The Dutchman is currently injured for the season and Ten Hag has a big decision to make as he has been ineffective.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover