Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is hopeful that Marcus Rashford will recover in time for the late Premier League run-in and the FA Cup final against Manchester City.
The England international has had a fantastic campaign, registering 29 goals and 11 assists from 53 appearances in all competitions. However, he is currently on the sidelines.
Rashford suffered a leg injury in the lead-up to the Wolverhampton Wanderers game. He was not involved in the matchday squad. The Athletic now report that Ten Hag is hopeful over his return.
The Red Devils have another three league games left in the campaign and they need a maximum of two wins to ensure that they qualify for next season’s Champions League.
Thereafter, they take on arch-rivals City in a much-awaited FA Cup final on June 3.
Man Utd are no longer reliant on Rashford for goals
Rashford was in blistering form for the Red Devils following the World Cup. The England star bagged 16 goals from his first 17 appearances after the global tournament.
However, in his next 17 outings, the forward has netted only five times. His teammates have stepped up with goal contributions in recent weeks but Ten Hag expects more.
United have been misfiring over the course of the season. Ten hag highlighted his concern after the Wolves game, citing that they need to be more clinical with their chances.
Rashford has not been firing all cylinders over the last two months but his return would be a huge boost for the club in their pursuit of the top four and another FA Cup title.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m