Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was full of praise for Marcus Rashford following the club’s 2-0 win over Leeds United in the Premier League.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways with a victory at Elland Road, but they had to work hard for the result. They only opened the scoring in the 80th minute.
Rashford continued his rich vein of scoring form with a thumping header before Alejandro Garnacho put the game to bed with the second goal in the 85th minute.
Following the result, Ten Hag was delighted with Rashford’s contribution and acknowledged that he is one of the best forwards in Europe at the moment.
The Dutch tactician added that he has plenty of potential in him and believes the 25-year-old can score even more goals in the long run for the Red Devils.
He told Manutd.com: “He is definitely one of them. I was convinced [by him] from the first moment. I was really excited to work with him. I thought I could get more out of him.”
“He has so many skills, such high potential, and I think that can be even more. When he works well, he will score even more goals because he can score with his right, his left, and with his head.”
Rashford in fantabulous form for Man Utd
Rashford has netted 21 goals in the current campaign and he is just one goal shy of his best-ever scoring season for the club. Hence, the England star is definitely in the form of his life.
Before the Leeds game, Ten Hag challenged Rashford to score 35 goals this season. With the way he has been performing since the World Cup, he should easily achieve that tally.
Meanwhile, Rashford’s current deal with the club expires at the end of next season and in our opinion, the hierarchy must sort out his future as soon as possible amid overseas interest.
Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are keeping an eye on him at the moment. United may have to make him their highest earner at £400,000-a-week to secure his long-term future.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March