Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed a triple injury boost ahead of the Premier League clash against Sheffield United on the road tomorrow.
The Red Devils have had bad luck with injuries in the current campaign and there were without 11 first-team stars at one point of time last month.
There has been good news over the past few weeks and ahead of the trip to Bramall Lane, Ten Hag has confirmed the availability of three players.
Raphael Varane was sidelined for the Brentford game before the international break with a minor injury, but he is set to return against the Blades.
Meanwhile, Sergio Reguilon is also expected to make his comeback on Saturday evening, having recovered from a small hamstring injury.
Aside from the duo, Sofyan Amrabat has also been deemed fit for the game. He was absent for Morocco during the break with a slight back issue.
The trio could all make the starting line-up tomorrow, but United will be without Casemiro, who twisted his ankle on international duty last week.
Ten Hag told MUTV: “Rapha Varane is back, so I think, especially in the backline, I’m very happy with Rapha back and Sergio back.”
“That’s very good news, of course. It’s disappointing that Casemiro picked up an injury but it’s not too bad.
“I’m sure and confident he will be back for the next games, so very short notice. The good thing is also that Sofyan Amrabat is available.”
United have had an unconvincing start to the 2023/24 campaign and they have accumulated only 12 points from their opening eight league games.
Meanwhile, the club have yet to open their account in the Champions League group stage after successive defeats to Bayern and Galatasaray.
The upcoming phase is a crucial one for them. After the Sheffield trip, United face Copenhagen in Europe before the much-awaited Manchester derby.
This will be followed by a Carabao Cup fourth round tie against Newcastle United at home. United will have to be at their best to win those games.
Hopefully, there are no more injury concerns. Casemiro issue is only a minor one and he should return to training at some point of time next week.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action