Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed a double selection boost ahead of the Premier League clash against Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon.
The Red Devils secured a second-straight win on Tuesday night. They registered a comfortable 3-0 victory over Palace in the third round of the Carabao Cup.
Ten Hag will want to keep the momentum when United host the Eagles again this weekend.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has revealed that Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen are available for selection after missing out on the squad in midweek.
The Dutch tactician added that Antony will be back in training tomorrow after his brief time away from the club. He could be involved after the weekend.
He told reporters via Manchester Evening News: “We have seen some players back on Tuesday and for tomorrow are back players out of the squad on Tuesday: Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen.”
“They are back. On Saturday [on Antony], he will be back in training, so tomorrow. I have to see, but I think, yeah [he’s fit].”
Despite the positives, United will be without two key defenders for the weekend action.
Sergio Reguilon sustained a minor hamstring injury during the 1-0 win over Burnley last weekend, and he has been ruled out of the upcoming Old Trafford clash.
Meanwhile, Lisandro Martinez is set to be sidelined for an extended period after aggravating a foot injury sustained in April. He experienced the setback versus Arsenal.
United have won their last two games in all competitions. They should go into the weekend game as favourites. The club have the chance to climb up the league table with a win.
There are obviously several injuries within the squad, but there has been a timely boost with Sofyan Amrabat, Mason Mount and Raphael Varane back in the mix.
Amrabat was tremendous in midweek from the left-back spot. The Moroccan was flawless with his distribution and looked comfortable from the makeshift role.
He is likely to continue from the position with Reguilon, Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia on the sidelines.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling