Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that midfielder Sofyan Amrabat won’t be making his debut against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday afternoon.
The Morocco international has been nursing a minor back injury over recent weeks, and it appears he has not recovered in time for tomorrow’s Premier League encounter.
In a recent interview with MUTV (via Man Utd.com), Ten Hag confirmed that the summer signing won’t be available tomorrow, but he is not far from his maiden appearance.
He said: “Amrabat, he came back unfortunately with the injury, so he will not be available for tomorrow [Saturday], but I think, on the short notice [soon], yes.”
The 27-year-old was linked with a move to Old Trafford throughout the summer, and United eventually made the decision to sign him on transfer deadline day.
The club could not afford a permanent transfer due to Financial Fair Play reasons, but they managed to land him on a temporary basis with an option to buy.
The Red Devils paid a high loan fee of €10 million to bring him to Old Trafford, and this is a clear indication that the club see him as part of their long-term plans.
Amrabat started his professional playing career at Utrecht under Ten Hag, and the midfielder will be keen to impress his manager, right from the beginning.
He won’t be making his debut tomorrow, but it may not be long before he takes the playing field.
We could see Amrabat and Casemiro playing together. Amrabat’s superb passing and ball control could be perfect alongside Casemiro’s tough tackling skills.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley