Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League group stage clash at Galatasaray.
The Red Devils picked up a third-straight Premier League win over the weekend. They beat Everton by a 3-0 scoreline. Alejandro Garnacho grabbed the headlines with his stunning bicycle kick to open the scoring.
The club now face a must-win game against the Turkish champions in Istanbul. Ahead of the game, the manager has confirmed that both Hojlund and Antony are in the squad, having returned to team training earlier today.
He said: “Yes, they are in the squad.”
United handed timely boost ahead of Galatasaray clash
Hojlund has been United’s regular man up front since September. He has not scored in the Premier League yet but has excelled in the Champions League with five goals thus far.
The Dane should be an undisputed starter after returning from a muscle injury. It will be interesting to see how United line up with Marcus Rashford unavailable due to suspension.
The natural replacement on the right wing would be Antony after recovering from a knock. There is also the possibility that Facundo Pellistri could get the nod. He recently impressed for Uruguay.
An out-of-the-box choice would be to start with Hojlund and Anthony Martial. Ten Hag could deploy a double-six formation (4-2-2-2) with Alejandro Garnacho and Bruno Fernandes out wide.
Whatever the case, United must beat Galatasaray on the road to keep their round of 16 qualification hopes in their own hands ahead of the final matchday against Bayern Munich.
They are currently bottom of their group with three points, one adrift of Copenhagen and Galatasaray.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow