Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed a quadruple injury boost ahead of the second leg of the Europa League quarter-final against Sevilla.
The Red Devils played out a 2-2 draw against the La Liga outfit at Old Trafford last week and they will be aiming to win the tie away from home tomorrow.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has confirmed that Marcus Rashford, Luke Shaw, Marcel Sabitzer and Tyrell Malacia are available, having made the trip to Spain.
When asked about the injured players, he said: “They are available because that’s why they’re on the airplane.”
“I will take my decisions tomorrow, today we trained and we will see what the reaction is and then tomorrow we will take a decision.
“You always want to keep players fit, which is the main objective, besides of course the main objective: win the game.”
United handed huge boost for Sevilla trip
The Red Devils have been handed a huge boost for the second leg at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
Rashford has made his timely comeback after missing the last two games. The Englishman will be crucial against Sevilla, considering his stellar form. He has 28 goals and 10 assists this term.
Meanwhile, the fans should also be delighted with the availability of Sabitzer and Shaw. Sabitzer scored a brace in the 2-2 draw last week and he should start in the number 10 position.
With Bruno Fernandes suspended, the Austrian has the opportunity to step up with another stand-out attacking performance to boost his chances of a permanent deal from Bayern.
Shaw’s availability is another big advantage for United, given Malacia’s struggles in the first leg.
The Dutchman looked out of sorts with his positioning over the entire 90 minutes. Shaw’s presence should provide the Red Devils with more defensive solidity from the left-back role.
Elsewhere, Ten Hag could also play Shaw as the left-sided central defender. In that case, Diogo Dalot could continue at left-back after impressing against Nottingham Forest on Sunday.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns