Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Marcus Rashford and Harry Maguire are ready to face Copenhagen in the Champions League group stage tomorrow.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways on Saturday with a 1-0 victory over Fulham in the Premier League. Bruno Fernandes bagged the winner in the 91st minute of the game.
Ten Hag will be aiming to carry the momentum into the crucial European clash in Denmark and ahead of the game, he has confirmed that Rashford and Maguire are ready to play.
Rashford travelled with the team to Craven Cottage last weekend, but he was not involved in the matchday squad after failing to recover from a minor knock to his leg.
The Englishman was back in team training earlier today and Ten Hag has confirmed that he is 100 per cent ready for the reverse meeting against the reigning Danish champions.
He told Manutd.com: “100% [Ready]. Rashy missed one game with a small knock.”
Meanwhile, the manager also confirmed that Maguire is available to face Copenhagen. The club have taken all the protocols following a minor head injury in west London last weekend.
He added: “We followed all the protocols after the game so he’s ready. He was fine in the game played very well.”
Maguire has been one of the best performers for United since the last international break. The €20 million-rated star scored the winner against Copenhagen at Old Trafford last month.
At the weekend, the former captain was superb defensively against the Cottagers. He won 10 duels and made nine clearances. He also provided six long balls and looked assured at the back.
He is expected to start in central defence tomorrow. The question is whether Raphael Varane will partner him after starting on the bench at the weekend. Jonny Evans was picked over the Frenchman.
Meanwhile, Rashford’s return is a boost for United despite his inconsistent form over recent weeks.
The €75 million-rated star netted 30 goals in the previous campaign but he has just one this term. He has suffered a huge dip in form, but Ten Hag has continued to back him with a regular starting role.
The manager should start him over Alejandro Garnacho on the left wing against Copenhagen. Rashford just needs a goal or two to get into the groove and regain his scoring touch from last season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions