Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Victor Lindelof is back in team training after more than a month on the sidelines due to a groin surgery.
The Red Devils will be in Premier League action against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Molineux tonight. Ahead of the game, the club have received a double boost.
Andre Onana and Marcus Rashford are available for selection again while it may not be long before Lindelof is involved, having returned to training with his teammates.
Mason Mount and Tyrell Malacia are also on the grass training individually. Ten Hag could have a fully fit squad to choose from as we head into the busy end of the campaign.
Ten Hag told Manutd.com: “Victor Lindelof is back into training, team training, and others, like Tyrell Malacia and Mason Mount, they are on the grass. Not ready but I don’t think it takes long. The good thing is we have a strong squad and can now pick.”
The manager has had to cope with key defensive injuries this term. Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane, Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka have missed several games.
Varane, Martinez, Shaw and Maguire all featured in the recent FA Cup fourth round win at Newport County away from home.
Lindelof, who was signed for €35 million in 2017, could also make his comeback soon. He may not be fit tonight, but could make the bench against West Ham United on Sunday afternoon.
Meanwhile, United face a must-win game against Wolves. They have a brilliant chance to reduce the 11-point deficit to the top four after Aston Villa’s shock defeat to Newcastle United.
After Wolves, the club are scheduled to face West Ham and Aston Villa in the space of 10 days. The next three games are hugely important to United’s Champions League prospects.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony