Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Rasmus Hojlund, Altay Bayindir and Sergio Reguilon are available to face Arsenal in Sunday’s Premier League clash.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways with a stunning 3-2 comeback win over Nottingham Forest last weekend. They will be aiming to carry the momentum into the Gunners game.
Speaking in his press conference, Ten Hag has confirmed that Hojlund has had a good training week and he is in contention to face Mikel Arteta’s side at the Emirates Stadium.
He told Manutd.com: “Yes. So he had a good training week, so tomorrow we have final training but he’s doing well, he’s responded well. So he will be available for Sunday’s game.”
Meanwhile, the Red Devils boss added that new signing Bayindir will also be in the matchday squad. The Turkish star has joined the club as a back-up goalkeeper behind Andre Onana.
Ten Hag added: “He will be in the squad as well, yeah, so happy, now we have to keep the group, again it’s fully there, we’ve covered every position and we have a very good arrival in Altay.”
Aside from the duo, Reguilon is also expected to be available for selection. The left-back secured his loan move from Tottenham Hotspur today and will be officially unveiled soon.
When asked on Reguilon, the manager said: “He is here, he trained. He’s a very experienced player, played for big clubs, already played a lot of La Liga and Premier League games.”
Diogo Dalot was unconvincing from a makeshift right-back role against Forest and was often caught out of position. It is likely that Reguilon could make his club debut from the starting XI.
It will be interesting to see whether Hojlund will start up front after his back issue. Anthony Martial led the line against Forest last weekend, but hardly impacted the game before his substitution.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player