Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has provided a mixed update ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash against Brentford at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have had a difficult start to the league campaign and they have already dropped 12 points from their opening seven matches. The club have also struggled in the Champions League with defeats to Bayern Munich and Galatasaray in the first two group stage games.
Ten Hag will want the club to return to winning ways against the Bees tomorrow and ahead of the game, he has revealed that Reguilon is unavailable for selection. The 26-year-old started working individually earlier this week and he was present in team training today.
However, the manager has revealed that he won’t be involved against the Bees. The Dutch tactician added that Antony is ready to start against Thomas Frank’s side, having made his comeback off the bench against Galatasaray in the midweek European game.
The €60 million-rated star has had multiple training sessions and will provide the much-needed quality on the right wing. Speaking on the duo, Ten Hag said: “Not for tomorrow [Reguilon]. I think he’s [Antony] ready for a start].“
United are currently 10th in the league table after seven games into the season. They are already seven points adrift of the top four and tomorrow’s game against the Bees is a must-win for them.
On paper, the Red Devils are clear favourites to beat the west London side, but they need to be wary of the threat of Bryan Mbeumo and Yoane Wissa, who have been pivotal for the Bees up front.
The visitors are tough to break at the back and tend to play on the counter-attack. United need to show a better defensive resolve. In midweek, they twice surrendered the lead to Galatasaray before losing 3-2.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action