Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Aaron Wan-Bissaka has trained with the squad ahead of the Premier League derby against Manchester City.
The Red Devils have found momentum with three successive victories in all competitions. Their performances have not been convincing but they have been on the winning side.
Ahead on Sunday’s Manchester derby, Ten Hag has revealed that Wan-Bissaka has trained for the first time and he is in contention to make the matchday squad for the game.
However, the Dutch tactician added that Casemiro is facing a race against time. The midfielder is not 100 per cent after twisting his ankle on international duty with Brazil this month.
He told Manutd.com: “Case is a race against the clock. He is not 100 per cent. Yes, Aaron was training today.”
Ten Hag issues mixed update ahead of derby
Wan-Bissaka was out of action for several weeks and his comeback should please United fans.
Diogo Dalot has fared well in his absence and he recently scored a superb winner against Sheffield United from outside the box.
However, the Portuguese does not offer the same defensive assurance as Wan-Bissaka when it comes to one-on-one situations.
Dalot is likely to start in Sunday’s derby but Wan-Bissaka could be called up from the bench if United need to hold onto a lead.
Meanwhile, Casemiro’s unavailability is a blow for United and Ten Hag.
In his absence, the club have lacked control in the centre of the park. Sofyan Amrabat is still adapting to the Premier League’s intensity.
Scott McTominay has been among the goals recently, but the Scot has been likewise disappointing with his concentration in midfield.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray