EVDS was the solution for Manchester United’s goalkeeping problems after the departure of the legendary Peter Schmeichel. He has been very instrumental in the success of Manchester United this season. It makes me wonder why Sir Alex hasn’t bid earlier for this excellent shotstopper.
However, he has become old and might start making mistakes if his weary legs are not given enough rest.
On the other hand Ben Foster has been phenomenal this season for Watford and definitely has the potential to fill the shoes of Van der Sar. He is coming back to United this season and training alongside Van der Sar should help him become a world class player and make him less error prone(‘that’ goal by Robinson).
United should give him chance to play in the FA cups and against weaker oppositions enabling Van der Sar to rest his weary legs. Two keepers playing regularly is possible (Toldo was an established keeper, when Julio Ceasar came as his understudy, and now they both play often due to their rotation policy) and it would benefit the club immensely.
What do you guys think?
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause