EVDS was the solution for Manchester United’s goalkeeping problems after the departure of the legendary Peter Schmeichel. He has been very instrumental in the success of Manchester United this season. It makes me wonder why Sir Alex hasn’t bid earlier for this excellent shotstopper.
However, he has become old and might start making mistakes if his weary legs are not given enough rest.
On the other hand Ben Foster has been phenomenal this season for Watford and definitely has the potential to fill the shoes of Van der Sar. He is coming back to United this season and training alongside Van der Sar should help him become a world class player and make him less error prone(‘that’ goal by Robinson).
United should give him chance to play in the FA cups and against weaker oppositions enabling Van der Sar to rest his weary legs. Two keepers playing regularly is possible (Toldo was an established keeper, when Julio Ceasar came as his understudy, and now they both play often due to their rotation policy) and it would benefit the club immensely.
What do you guys think?
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities
- PSV Eindhoven interested in signing Man Utd forward Anthony Elanga
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Reading, Garnacho and Pellistri start
- “I’m not Harry Potter” – Erik ten Hag outlines real reasons for Marcus Rashford’s resurgence
- Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri to stay at Manchester United
- Denzel Dumfries’ agent pushing Man Utd to finalise summer transfer
- How Man Utd could sign Everton wonderkid this summer
- Man Utd can sign RB Leipzig star Dani Olmo for €70m this summer
- Manchester United vs Reading: FA Cup preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Erik ten Hag confirms fresh Man Utd concern ahead of Reading clash